Recipe: Warm Molten Chocolate Cakes
Winter is the perfect time for sweet indulgences, and our Warm Molten Chocolate Cakes are the perfect finale to any dinner party!
Warm Molten Chocolate Cakes
Yields 10 individual cakes
- 8 oz (2 sticks) butter, plus extra for the molds
- 8 oz good quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 whole eggs at room temperature
- 4 egg yolks at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour, sifted
- vanilla or black cherry ice cream
- whipped cream with toasted nuts
- cherry compote
- fresh raspberries and a light dust of confectioner’s sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter ten 4-ounce soufflé cups.
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a small bowl in a double boiler or microwave. Stir to combine well and set aside to cool slightly.
Whip the whole eggs and yolks in a mixer at high speed. Gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until the mixture has tripled in volume and is pale yellow and thick. Gently fold the flour into the egg mixture. Fold this mixture into the chocolate.
Pour batter into the soufflé cups, three quarters full. Bake for approximately 9 minutes or until the tops look barely dry and the cakes slightly pull away from the edge of the pan. Unmold (or serve in the soufflé cups), top with topping of choice and serve immediately.