Recipe: Harvest Squash Bisque
Looking for some comfort food this fall season? Our warm and creamy Harvest Squash Bisque is sure to hit the spot! Check out the recipe below…
Harvest Squash Bisque
- ¼ stick unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and roughly diced to 1” dice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 ½ cup winter squash, peeled and roughly chopped to 1” dice
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and roughly chopped to 1” dice
- 2 ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped fine
- ¼ cup honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed 4 qt saucepan or stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and ginger and sweat until they are translucent (approx. 3-4 minutes).
- Add the winter squash and apples. Sautee 5 minutes until they start to soften slightly.
- Add the stock, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves. Simmer over medium heat for approx. 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Add sage and honey and remove from heat. Remove cinnamon stick and discard.
- Puree the soup in a blender on medium high until the consistency thinly coats the back of a spoon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Check the consistency again, if it is too thick, whisk in additional stock to thin.