Recipe: Corn Pudding Soufflé
Looking for the perfect side dish this holiday season? Our Corn Pudding Soufflé is light, creamy and pairs perfectly with poultry, game, pork, beef & seafood!
Savory Corn Pudding Soufflé
Makes 12 portions
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare your baking pans. The puddings can be prepared in 12 individual 3 oz timbales or ramekins sprayed with cooking spray or in an 8”x8” baking pan lined with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Toss the corn kernels in oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 8-10 minutes until they just begin to turn golden brown at the edges. Remove corn from oven and lower oven temperature to 350 degree F.
- Set aside ¾ cups of the corn kernels; these will remain whole. Puree the remaining corn until smooth using a countertop blender or food processor.
- Place whole and pureed corn in bowl and add all remaining ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the ramekins or baking pan.
- Bake the corn pudding in the oven until golden brown and completely set, approximately 20 minutes.
- Let the corn pudding cool for at least 30 minutes. Once cool, unmold from timbales or if using baking pan, cut 4×3 to yield 12 portions.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. They can be reheated in 300 degree F oven, covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Optional: top with your choice of a vegetable or fruit salsa, chutney or savory jam and a sprinkling of scallions and cilantro.