Recipe: Cookie Soufflé!
Cold and snow got you down? Beat those winter blues with the comforting, ooey-gooey goodness of our Warm Cookie Soufflé!
Makes 4 individual soufflés
- Non-stick pan spray
- 1 1/3 cup sugar plus extra for ramekins
- 4 each 8oz ramekins or oven safe tasting vessel
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cup cream
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 10 eggs yolks
- 4 cups milk
- 6 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 12 chocolate chip cookies (homemade or store-bought), chopped into small bits
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Spray your ramekins with non-stick pan spray. Dust the inside of each ramekin with sugar until all interior surface has a thin layer. Tap out any excess sugar from the vessel.
- Make the ganache: In a saucepot over medium heat, bring cream to a soft boil. Pour cream over the chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then gently with whisk stir mixture until blended.
- Add ganache to the bottom of each ramekin, and spread with the back of a spoon to create a thin, even layer, approximately ¼ inch thick. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Make the White Chocolate Custard: In a bowl whisk together 1/3 cup of sugar with cornstarch. Add egg yolks and whisk thoroughly until smooth with no lumps. Bring milk to a boil and remove from heat. Temper the milk into the egg yolk mixture by adding a small amount of milk into the egg mixture at a time, mixing thoroughly until combined before adding more milk. Once all milk is incorporated return the mixture to heat and cook until almost at a boil and mixture is thick like pastry cream. Add chopped white chocolate to this milk-yolk mixture, and allow to melt before stirring to combine. Let mixture cool to 88 F.
- Make the meringue: Whip egg whites in a stand mixer, gradually adding 1 cup of sugar, until stiff peaks form and meringue is glossy and smooth.
- Fold 1/3 of meringue into the white chocolate custard, followed by chocolate chips and chocolate chip cookie pieces.
- Gently fold in the remaining meringue in two steps until incorporated. Divide mixture between your ramekins.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes until done. Serve immediately.