Recipe: Cider Bourbon Slushies
Slushies may not be the first thing that comes to mind when the temps drop, but we’ve put a seasonal spin on these sips that are sure to leave your guests with all the warm and cozy feels! Check out our recipe below!
Cider Bourbon Slushies
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup apple cider for slushie mix, 1 ½ cups cider for serving
- ½ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup brown sugar syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- shortbread or gingersnap cookies (optional garnish)
Brown Sugar Syrup
- ½ cup tightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients for the brown sugar syrup and bring to a boil. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine 1 cup cider, ½ cup bourbon, ¼ syrup, and lemon juice and pour in a shallow metal pan (an 8”x8” baking pan or loaf pan will work well) and put in freezer.
- Every half hour stir mixture with a fork, until mixture has frozen into a crystallized form.
- Scoop shaved mixture into eight glasses and top with remaining cider.
- Top or serve with your favorite shortbread or gingersnap cookie!