The Metropolitan Building | Abigail Kirsch

Dating from 1909, the same year the Queensboro Bridge was built, the Metropolitan Building was first an electrical parts factory. Seventy years later it was long vacant and in a sad state of disrepair.

In 1980, Eleanor Ambos, who had a successful antique furniture rental business in Manhattan, bought the building for storage space and to accommodate a variety of artisans to set up their studios and workrooms.

CAPACITY 500 guests for reception and 250 guests for dinner