Recipe: Carrot Cake Bites
When it comes time to choose between chocolate and vanilla, sometimes option C is the way to go. And in this case, C is for carrot, as in our ultra-moist, decadent Carrot Cake Bites! Try our recipe for the classic dessert below.
CARROT CAKE BITES
(makes one 9” x 13” pan, approximately 50 1.5” squares)
1 cup sugar
¾ cup oil
1 ¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp salt
1 cup shredded carrots
1.5 cups (340g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
2) In mixer with a paddle attachment, mix eggs and sugar until they become fluffy in texture.
3) Add in oil and mix to combine.
4) In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
5) Gradually add dry flour mixture into the eggs and sugar until combined, scraping sides of bowl several times.
6) Fold in shredded carrots. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
7) Bake the carrot cake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely.
8) To make the frosting, use a stand mixer or hand mixer to mix all of the cream cheese frosting ingredients together until the frosting forms soft peaks.
9) Once the cake is cool, invert onto a clean surface.
10) Spread frosting on top of carrot cake evenly. You may have extra frosting which can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
11) Cut frosted carrot cake into 1.5” square pieces and serve.